COCEMFE represents people with physical and organic disabilities However; this differentiation is not always conceptually understood:
- Physical disability refers to the decrease or absence of motor or physical functions, which in turn affects the development or way of carrying out certain activities in a society that presents several limitations and barriers. For this reason, people with physical disabilities find it difficult to carry out movements or manipulate objects and they can affect other areas such as language.
- Organic disability is the one caused by the loss of functionality of some body systems. This loss of functionality is the one usually related to internal organs or physiological processes, whether congenital or acquired. This is the case of renal diseases (kidney), hepatic diseases (liver), cardiopathies (heart), cystic fibrosis (lungs), Crohn’s disease and metabolic diseases (digestive system); Lymphedema (lymphatic system), hemophilia (blood clotting), lupus (immune system); and headaches, migraines, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, sleep disorders, fibromyalgia, or chronic fatigue syndrome (central nervous system). In addition to the invisibility, family, social and labor misunderstanding and the lack of official recognition by the Administration, people with organic disability suffer from different problems that suppose important obstacles in daily life and have an influence in the quality of life.
IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY…
- If you have a disability and you want to improve your employability, click here.
- Send us your CV through this form or ask us any questions through this form.
- If you need any kind of educational support, access this link.
- If you want to enjoy accessible holidays, click here.
- You can check all the areas in which we work by clicking here.
- Keep updated about all the news related to COCEMFE and our Associative Movement clicking here.
- You can check and contact our entities distributed throughout the country clicking here.